Safety Rules and Etiquette Guidelines
Students training in the Samurai Cop Self-Defense Courses are required to comply with the following Academy Safety Rules and Etiquette Guidelines. All Safety Rules are strictly enforced. Any violation of any Safety Rule may be grounds for immediate and permanent removal from the Academy.
- No jewelry and/or watches are to be worn during training on the mats.
- Fingernails and toenails shall be kept short and clean at all times.
- Appropriate workout clothing shall be worn during training on the mat.
- No talking during class or disrupting of the class by any student.
- Do not leave or enter the mat area without permission from the Sensei.
- No horseplay of any kind will be tolerated while in the Academy.
- The use of profane language is strictly forbidden.
- Students are to be free from any illegal drugs and/or alcohol.
- Remove and place your shoes in the appropriate area prior to entering the mat area.
- Students are to address the teacher as "Sensei" (sen-say).
- Students are expected to arrive on time for their class.
- Arriving late to class requires permission from the Sensei before entering the mat area.
- Bow prior to entering and before leaving the mat area.
- Enter the mat area and line up to begin class when the senior student gives the command.
- When seated in a kneeling position sit with your back straight and eyes forward.
- Give your undivided attention to the Sensei at all times during class.
- If you have a question, please raise your hand.